- Phone: 919-515-5222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Engineering Building III (EB3) 3160
Dr. Ngaile’s long-term goal is to contribute to the dramatic reduction of the use of toxins in metal forming lubricants.
At the undergraduate level, Dr. Ngaile teaches Modern Manufacturing Processes (MAE 495M) and Mechanical Engineering Design (MAE 416). In his manufacturing course, the students receive a hands-on introduction to modern manufacturing processes. Dr. Ngaile conveys his own experiences in manufacturing and takes the students on a tour of a manufacturing plant. In his design course, Dr. Ngaile places an emphasis on the general features of the design processes addressing issues that go beyond the design project being completed that semester.
Dr. Ngaile teaches Materials Processing by Deformation (MAE 731), which exposes the students to a wide range of metal forming processes including state-of-the-art techniques, and he teaches Applied Finite Element Method (MAE 589). In his applied finite element course, the focus is on developing the capability to solve a wide range of problems involving solids, thermal, fluids, and vibration. In MAE he collaborates with Dr. Fang.
Dr. Ngaile’s graduate students have a strong interest in solid mechanics. They gain experiences with numerical modeling of metal forming processes and hands-on experiences with machine design.
Outside of work, Dr. Ngaile enjoys to travel.
- A Robust Bubble Growth Solution Scheme for Implementation in CFD Analysis of Multiphase Flows
- Pang, H., & Ngaile, G. (2023), COMPUTATION, 11(4). https://doi.org/10.3390/computation11040072
- Energy field assisted metal forming: Current status, challenges and prospects
- Li, H., Peng, L. F., Meng, B., Xu, Z. T., Wang, L. L., Ngaile, G., & Fu, M. W. (2023). [Review of , ]. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MACHINE TOOLS & MANUFACTURE, 192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2023.104075
- Improving Material Formability and Tribological Conditions through Dual-Pressure Tube Hydroforming
- Ngaile, G., & Avila, M. (2023), JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING AND MATERIALS PROCESSING, 7(4). https://doi.org/10.3390/jmmp7040126
- Tribology in manufacturing processes : selected peer-reviewed full text papers from the 9th International Conference on Tribology in Manufacturing Processes and Joining by Plastic Deformation (ICTMP2021 : November 24-26, 2021, Chennai, India
- Ngaile, G., Montmitonnet, P., & Dohda, K. (Eds.). (2022). , . Baech, Switzerland: Scientific.Net, Trans Tech Publications Ltd.
- Utilization of Secondary Jet in Cavitation Peening and Cavitation Abrasive Jet Polishing
- Pang, H., & Ngaile, G. (2022), MICROMACHINES, 13(1). https://doi.org/10.3390/mi13010086
- Die Design Architecture for Enhancing Tool Life Via Manipulation of the Elastic Strain Field of the Dies During Extrusion Processes
- Ngaile, G., & Rodrigues, D. S. (2021), JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME, 143(3). https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4048265
- Modeling of a valve-type low-pressure homogenizer for oil-in-water emulsions
- Pang, H., & Ngaile, G. (2021), CHEMICAL ENGINEERING AND PROCESSING-PROCESS INTENSIFICATION, 160. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cep.2020.108249
- Non-contact temperature control and stereo digital image correlation for high-temperature testing of miniature tubular specimens
- Rahman, F., Ngaile, G., & Hassan, T. (2021), REVIEW OF SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, 92(11). https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0055718
- Optimized stereo digital image correlation setup for miniature round specimen: framework development and implementation
- Rahman, F., Ngaile, G., & Hassan, T. (2021), OPTICS AND LASERS IN ENGINEERING, 144. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2021.106555
- A novel gripper for multiaxial mechanical testing of microtubes at elevated temperatures
- Li, L., Chan, Y.-C., Ngaile, G., & Hassan, T. (2020), REVIEW OF SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, 91(5). https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0007150