The Center for Additive Manufacturing and Logistics (CAMAL) will be conducting the 3rd Additive Manufacturing Symposium beginning April 12, 2018 and finishing at Noon, April 13, 2018. Experts in the field of additive technology from the worlds of manufacturing, medicine, and academia will come together to discuss the current state of additive manufacturing.
Wednesday, April 11 we will be conducting 2 workshops:
- Physical Metallurgy of Titanium Alloys
- Metal Powder Handling and Characterization for AM Register Here
Click here for registration. All workshop participants will also enjoy a tour and dinner reception at the CAMAL facilities Wednesday evening. The workshops are separate from the Symposium with separate fees. Workshop participants will need to register for the Symposium if they wish to attend on April 12-13. (see below).
April 12-13 will be the Symposium including multiple keynote addresses. Leading off will be:
- Dr. Dave Bourell, from the University of Texas, Austin, is the Temple Foundation Professor and Director of the Laboratory for Freeform Fabrication. Dr. Bourell has been instrumental in making SFF the great event it has become.
- Dr. Richard Branemark, who was the lead surgeon on a team that was the first to implant muscle and nerve electrodes in an amputee with an osseointegrated implant in 2013. Dr. Branemark is co-director of the International Center for Osseointegration Research (iCORES) .
- Dr. Kirk Rogers, Technology Leader at the GE Additive Customer Experience Center.
Our full program is available here : 20180406 CAMAL Symposium Program
The symposium will feature joint and specialized discussion tracks for industrial applications and medical related additive. Topics will include:
- Modeling for 3D printing
- Medical and Industrial applications of AM
- Printed Electronics
- Powder development
All meetings on April 12 & 13 will take place at The Stateview Hotel, located on Lake Raleigh on the Centennial Campus of NC State. A block of rooms has been reserved for Symposium attendees, available on a first come, first serve basis.
Click here for Registration. The cost for the 3rd Additive Symposium is $350. Secure payment can be made by credit card. Registration includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Thursday, April 12; and breakfast on April 13. The dinner reception and tour of the CAMAL facilities on Wednesday evening (April 11) will all take place in Daniels Hall on the North Campus of NC State. The reception and tour are free to all symposium registrants. Shuttle buses between the Stateview Hotel and Daniels Hall will be provided
For those of you that would like to pay by check, please provide your name, email or mail address, and phone number in written form. Make your check payable to:
N.C. State University
Please note on the check, “CAMAL Additive Mfg. and Logistics Fund”
Mail the check and registration information to:
N.C. State University
Campus Box 7906
Raleigh NC 27695-7906
Attn. Harvey West